Monday, June 29, 2009

Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing

I made up this recipe about 8 years ago when I couldn't find a store dressing like it. Somebody asks for it every time I make it and I hope you all do to. Since it's taken me so long to get around to posting I want to come out of the gate strong!

2 T. smooth peanut butter
1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. chili oil, if desired
grated ginger to taste, if desired
1/4 c. canola oil

Put the peanut butter in a bowl and slowly wisk in soy sauce. Add vinegar, sugar, sesame and chili and wisk. Add the oil either by slowly wisking in or putting everything into a mason jar with the oil and shaking until combined. Chill for 30 minutes in order to let the sugar dissolve. Shake again to combine before dressing your greens.

This is both kid approved and fire house approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment