- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 2 c. orange juice
- 1 c. honey
- 2 large eggs
- 6 T applesauce
- 6 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- Prepare 12 regulare muffin cups with muffin paper or a light coating of cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg slightly. Add juice, honey, applesauce and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. If toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out dry, muffins are done.
Makes 24 muffins.