- cook 1 pound pasta of the tubular variety. Drain and reserve.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat. Add about 8 oz of chopped kale (remove thick stems and chop into 1 in pieces) and cook, stirring, until wilted, 3-5 min.
- Add 29 oz pumpkin puree (found in the store next to the pumpkin pie filling, but don't use the pumpkin pie filling. Just pure pumkin), 31 oz vegetable broth, and 2 tbs jarred sun dried tomato pesto. stir and bring to a simmer....
- season to taste with salt and pepper
- toss pasta with pumpkin mixture. transfer to a 9 by 13 baking dish or eight individual dishes. Top with 1/2 cup unblanched sliced almonds. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 mins or until top is golden.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Pumpkin and Kale Pasta
I haven't tried this yet, but due to my whining about having too much Kale and not knowing what to do with it, a friend provided this recipe. Sounds delicious.